CERTIFIED CARBON NEUTRAL WITH 100% AUSTRALIAN CARBON CREDIT UNITS – SUPPORTING AUSTRALIAN OFFSET PROJECTS, OUR COMMUNITIES AND THE LOCAL ENVIRONMENT
Pathzero is a team of passionate people on a mission to accelerate the transformation of the world economy into a force for decarbonisation.
Pathzero’s carbon accounting platform is unique in the way it combines the efficiency and convenience of an online platform with the expertise of a network of internal and external carbon and sustainability specialists.
Public Disclosure Statements
Business operations and SaaS platform product
- Certification type: Organisation and Product
- Year: 2020-21
- Publication date: 21/04/2022
“For our business, it’s crucial that we lead by example and always take credible climate action.”
Type of certification
Organisation and Product.
How long have you been certified carbon neutral?
Since March 2022.
Why did you choose to go carbon neutral?
We see carbon neutrality as a crucial step in delivering on our mission to accelerate the decarbonisation of the world economy.
What are the anticipated benefits of your carbon neutral certification?
For our business, it’s crucial that we lead by example and always take credible climate action. By attaining Climate Active Carbon Neutral Certification, Pathzero is better placed to support our clients through the certification process.
An added benefit is staff engagement. The entire team at Pathzero is committed to decarbonising and delivering on our emission reduction plan.
What offset project do you support?
A forestry project in Queensland, Australia.
How can consumers support you?
Engage Pathzero to assist your business with decarbonising and your next Climate Active submission.
What else are you doing to reduce emissions?
We have developed an emissions reduction plan to reduce our emissions as much as possible. The reduction plan targets the emission sources that contribute the largest amount of greenhouse gas emissions to our emissions boundary.
These initiatives include.
- When purchasing IT equipment for new employees, Pathzero will investigate the embodied emissions for all chosen technologies. Technology providers that disclose embodied emissions will be given preference. Where possible, Pathzero will choose the most sustainable option.
- As our team expands, Pathzero will continue encouraging flexible work arrangements for all employees. We value balance and understand that working from home can have a high emissions impact. As such, we will develop an employee Working from Home Guide to share internally with staff on ways to work efficiently, effectively, and sustainably.
- Pathzero is committed to reducing emissions across our entire value chain. A key area for reduction is within the professional service firms we currently partner with. Moving forward, Pathzero will implement a policy to prefer professional service firms that have also made sustainability and carbon neutral commitments. Alongside this, Pathzero currently supports organisations on their sustainability journey. We place a strong emphasis on all our clients working towards carbon neutrality and eventually net zero reduction goals.
What has been the impact of your action?
As part of our emission reduction strategy, we will continue to push the boundaries of clients on this journey with Pathzero. We will do this by supporting them in reducing their impact and setting future decarbonising targets.
What advice would you give to a business considering certification?
Get started! Platforms like Pathzero make it easy for you to measure and understand the impact of your business and take action to mitigate climate risk and decarbonise.
Any climate action taken must be credible. Ensure you seek certification from recognised schemes such as Climate Active to avoid any accusations of greenwashing.