CERTIFIED CARBON NEUTRAL WITH 100% AUSTRALIAN CARBON CREDIT UNITS – SUPPORTING AUSTRALIAN OFFSET PROJECTS, OUR COMMUNITIES AND THE LOCAL ENVIRONMENT
Yallamundi Farm is a family-owned egg producer on the Darling Downs, Queensland. Yallamundi Farm operates both organic and pasture raised egg production systems. At Yallamundi Farm, we combine experience with innovation to produce nutritious and accessible food in a way that’s sustainable, ethical and kind. We’re committed to having a positive impact in everything we do – treating our animals, our land, our customers and our wider community with kindness and respect.
Yallamundi Farms Pty Ltd has developed a carbon neutral product for the eggs produced by Yallamundi Farm.
“We have a fundamental belief in making a positive impact on reducing our contribution to Climate Change.”
Type of certification
How long have you been certified carbon neutral?
Since May 2021.
Why did you choose to go carbon neutral?
We have a fundamental belief in making a positive impact on reducing our contribution to Climate Change.
What are the anticipated benefits of your carbon neutral certification?
- Staff empowerment - to see that even small changes can make a positive contribution.
- Developing supply chain partnerships that have a collective contribution to environmental improvements.
- Third party verification of our commitment towards Carbon Neutrality.
What offset project do you support?
A native forest regeneration project in Queensland, Australia.
Why did you choose this project?
We chose this project because:
- they are a local project - based in Queensland;
- the project supports landholders; and
- the project involves supporting landholders to viably restore native lands.
How can customers support you?
Through engaging with businesses that have a similar commitment to Carbon Neutrality to create a positive impact across a number of supply chains.
What else are you doing to reduce emissions?
Reviewing opportunities to reduce emissions in the areas of:
- product utilisation;
- transport and logistics – internal and external; and
- resource management.
What advice would you give to a business considering certification?
That it is a worthwhile journey to start and to continue to create a better planet for future generations.